Our neighborhood cat, Chi Chi, is annoying me.
Everyday for the past couple of weeks he has woken me up too early in the morning begging our neighbors to let him in the house. Mind you, he has never been 'let it' - he has snuck in on one or two occasions, but never 'let in'. I don't understand why he thinks he can go in?!?
The hard part is I feel bad for this stray cat and I can't bring myself to call animal control to pick him up. I believe he is a fairly young cat as he seems small for being a male, so it would be best to give him a chance to be with a family. But what if he doesn't get picked and they run out of room?
I can't sentence a cat to that. I may have to have Josh step in and make the call tonight. Especially since it is supposed to snow over night tonight. I just don't want to be the one to make the call.
The other problem is that he is the one picking fights with other neighborhood cats (the ones who have a home at night) so it is hard, because I feel like when I am home I am constantly separating him from the other cats. And the two a.m. wake up calls where all the cats are fighting are not pleasant at all... I have to remember that when I am getting emotional.
Update: Chi Chi went to the vet and then Humane Society Saturday morning at 6:45am.