Thursday, September 9, 2010

Seven to Three

Many think that Teacher's work 7-3. That is not the case.

Since I have obtained my job as a Teacher I have not worked a 7-3 day. It may be because I am a beginning teacher, but it may also be because I care. Now, I am not saying Teacher's that work 7-3 don't care, but they may just have more set up.

Today, my PLC, the English Teachers had a meeting after school. We were trying to iron out some logistics of lesson and unit planning. Yes, it is not already planned out for us, even the veterans. We have to actually think. Weird.

So, as we were planning on this meeting, the power went out in half of the building. We were told before the school day ended that we were to evacuate the building before 3:30pm so Xcel could work on the power.

Did I mention that our schools are co-locating? We have too many people it too small of a space.

Our PLC did meet, and we made some crucial decisions. But, there is still more to do. Hence me being on the computer during the first Viking's game.

Happy First week of school everyone!

P.S. Lady hates 10 hour kennel days... :(