Friday, May 27, 2011

News...

General updates:

I was told during my prep today that I will be laid off by SPPS. The letter is in the mail, and my principal was nice enough to let me know as soon as she knew. I cried on my way home. I attribute this to my hormones. This year has been such and up and down year - that I am unclear of my real feelings about the situation. There were a lot of things that happened this past week that are now up in the air - such as a Grant I was going to work on with two of my colleagues. Another being curriculum planning for SPPS. I guess I don't know if I want to do that or not... maybe this is a sign that I need to just take the summer and enjoy being pregnant and prep for our baby girl... I guess at this point only time will tell.

On another note, I think that I have made a decision on the baby's room and painting. I had originally planned on a Dr. Seuss theme - but I think I now want to do just a very light pink - keeping things simple. Tomorrow I will go to the paint store and get some samples and see what Josh and I like the best. I think it will be pretty without being overwhelming. Our furniture is white and I think the combination will be pleasant.

Speaking about our little girl on the way, I failed my gestational diabetes test. My nurse let me know I barely failed and I can wait until school is out to do the whole 'fasting 3 hour test'. She is pretty positive that it had to do with my day. *To be honest, this day was chaotic. I had a 2.5 hour field trip with our 7th grade boys where we had a lunch at a local banquet hall - and nothing was normal for me that day - including all of what I ate.* She is sure I will pass this next test. (and in all reality - I DO NOT FAIL TESTS - I am pretty upset that I have a F.)

At this appointment I was able to speak to one of the four midwives about my labor process. I have been reading Ina May's new book Guide to Childbirth and it has a lot to do with what happens, and how our bodies react on their own to guide us. I was very happy to find out that my midwives are on the same page as I am. Now, I am not a person who is determined that things go a certain way, but I am someone that wants to know they can go a certain way. I feel very comfortable with birthing this little girl with the people that will be surrounding me.

Our fence was started this past week, which means by this time next Friday I will be in the backyard with my new hammock (YES!) and the dog, enjoying what should be better weather then what is happening right now!

I think that is about it for now! I hope everyone can enjoy this rainy, yucky weekend!